Thursday, September 24, 2009

French Family

I have been so lucky to spend time in Nantes in the home of Jean-Marc and Françoise Lemoine and with Françoise's family at their Gilardeau family vineyard (Domaine des Coqueries) home in Thouarcé. I was welcomed and experienced a wonderful family weekend!


Left to right, top rows: Philippe*, Odile*, Françoise*, Jean-Louis*, Jean-Marc, me, Patrice, Annick*, Marc, Gerard, Justin, Monique*. Front row, left to right: Nino, Christelle, Raphael, Armand, Tom.







Note: The * indicates the six Gilardeau siblings.











Family dinner









Cabernet grapes









Family home


Vineyard










Gerard showed me how he splits the reeds to make baskets.





In Thouarcé, I was introduced to the sport of Boule de Fort.















My sincere apologies for not including Marc's name on the top photo the first time this blog was published!

1 comment:

  1. It's very nice to see us all together and with you right in the middle!
    I hope you're fine.
    Annick

    ReplyDelete